Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Say Hello To Your Friends!


Before there was V.C. Andrews, there was Anne M. Martin and Francine Pascal.

Lately I've been hunting for old copies of these books, mostly because I think the new covers are total crap and I don't want my future daughter(s) subjected to them.  Furthermore, I was disgusted to find out that Sweet Valley High has changed the description of Jessica and Elizabeth from "a perfect size 6" to "a perfect size 4."

So fucked up.

Anyway, last week I picked up a BSC Super-Special - "Baby-sitter's Club at Shadow Lake," the byline of which is "Campfires, ghost stories - summer vacations are the best!" I couldn't agree more, ladies.  And at the back of this excellent volume from Scholastic Inc. are two pages that fill me with nostalgic glee, which I want to share with all 7 of my loyal blog readers:



OMG SFAR??!!!  (that last part stands for So Fucking Awesome, Right?  I just made it up).  Plan on it!

Unfortunately I don't have a certified Locket Charm Bracelet or Portable Cassette Player to give away to the knower of all BSC trivia, however I do have a $25 Amazon.com gift card, with which you could probably buy both those things as well as BSC Super Special #9 - "Starring the Baby-sitters Club."  aka Jessi Ramsey is Better Than You.

Entries must be postmarked by November 30th, 1992.

6 comments:

  1. 1) Claudia
    2) Stacey
    3) Kristy
    4) Jessi
    5) Mary Ann. And me. One of so many reasons she was my fav!
    6) Dawn
    7) Mallory

    This was scarily easy for me... I am such a nerd or am totally wrong! BTW - I'm Wanderlusting from Jezebel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Not peeking at the above answers, mine are:
    1-Claudia 2-Stacey 3-Kristy 4-Jessi 5-Mary Anne 6-Dawn 7-Mallory
    If I am wrong...then my entire youth has been for Nothing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps, thank you so much for getting that craptastic song stuck in my head...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Claudia
    2. Stacey
    3. Kristy
    4. Jessi
    5. Mary Anne
    6. Dawn
    7. Mallory

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Claudia
    2. Stacey
    3. Kristy
    4. Jessi
    5. Mary Anne
    6. Dawn
    7. Mallory

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn, ladies! Gold stars for all of you! And a big kiss from Logan Bruno. X

    ReplyDelete