Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Guess I'll B Seein Ya

This is the final entry in my 6th grade diary.

Jane Doe was my older brother's girlfriend.  I always had girlcrushes on his girlfriends.  I told myself it was because they were like the older sister I never had, but seeing it in the light of day, out of the darkness of the closet (!), they were also plain old crushes.  I REALLY wanted these girls to like me.

Often times I'd make proclamations that I knew weren't true but I wanted to be, like here I pretend to be done with caring what other people think about me.  I'm not sure where I thought I'd "B seein" my journal around .. at school?  in town?  I was probably just trying to sound grown up by stealing break up language I'd heard on TV.  It's not you journal, it's me.  Don't be sad, even though I'm "done with you," I'll love you always... notice there is no exclamation point after that last "Bye."  That makes it extra serious and poignant.

Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment