Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Discusting

Why does "boring" get a capital B?  Why was I so negative about our dog going to the groomer?  Why did I feel these revelations were so personal that I could share them with nobody?


Like last time, I had crossed out Kyle and written in Danny's name.  I think when my affections changed I went through and updated all past entries.

The bully thing is interesting now that bullying has become such an issue, especially of LGBT kids, of which I guess I was one, though I didn't identify as when I was that young.

I don't remember being horribly bullied as a kid, more just picked on for being awkward or ugly, but no more than any other kid.  The first time the sexual thing donned on me was in 5th grade on our class retreat, this girl in our cabin decided we needed a name for our cabin and should be called "Boy Crazy"  but then pronounced "If that's our name, then Annika doesn't belong."  I felt weird because I liked boys at that point but wasn't crazy vocal about it.  In retrospect she probably picked up on something that even I wasn't aware of.  I was way more interested in our pretty 12th grade counselor who introduced us to the song "Mr Jones."

No comments:

Post a Comment